Auth0 is a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS) and is named as a Visionary by Gartner in its 2019 Magic Quadrant Report for the second year in a row. Squareball Digital is an official implementation partner for Auth0.
The growing importance of Identity Management
According to Gartner, Identity and Access Management (IAM) is the security discipline that enables the right individuals to access the right resources at the right times for the right reasons.
The efficiencies, security benefits and trend for cloud based service architecture means that more products and apps adopt cloud-based Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS) in order to future proof their roadmap.
Why do you need IAM?
Identity and Access Management technology can be used to initiate, capture, record, and manage user identities and corresponding access permissions. All users are authenticated, authorized, and evaluated according to policies and roles.
Poorly controlled IAM processes may lead to regulatory non-compliance; if the organization is audited, management may not be able to prove that company data is not at risk of being misused.
Squareball's view on IAM
It can be sometimes difficult to see the benefit of delegating IAM to a dedicated platform. Our project experiences at Squareball have highlighted a number of powerful points to make;
- You spend less overall on enterprise security by relying on a centralized platform across third-party and own applications.
- It enables your users to easily log in from any location and any device.
- You can give them access to all your applications using just one set of credentials through Single Sign-On.
- You can protect your sensitive data and apps: Add extra layers of security to your mission-critical apps using Multifactor Authentication.
- It helps maintain compliance of processes and procedures. A typical problem is that permissions are granted based on employees’ needs and tasks, and not revoked when they are no longer necessary, thus creating users with lots of unnecessary privileges.
Our choice is Auth0
Our team has extensive experience with most of the leading commercial and open source IAM solutions available. We prefer Auth0 as the choice for an enterprise-grade platform.
- Single Sign On Securely and easily implement Single Sign On for your customers, partners and employees
- Universal Login Standard-based login infrastructure with centralized feature management for websites and native apps
- Breached Passwords Detection Protect your users and services from password leaks.
- User Management The simplest and easiest to use tools to help administrators manage users.
- Multifactor Authentication The most usable and friction-free multifactor authentication experience.
- Passwordless Allow users to login without the need to remember a password.
- Machine to Machine Simplify Communication Between APIs and Trusted Services